As a result of strategic business expansion, we are recruiting a Senior Geoenvironmental Engineer in either of our locations in London and the South-East, to assist with developing and growing a Geoenvironmental portfolio of projects.
Patrick Parsons is undergoing rapid growth, and this position would give the successful candidate significant potential for rapid career progression. You would help to build and grow a new Geoenvironmental team, working alongside a Geoenvironmental Director. In time, it is expected that you would assist with business development, tenders and client facing activities.
The Successful candidate will be experienced in Site Investigation and associated services, including geotechnical engineering and/or contaminated land. If you are not already Chartered, we would offer help and support to ensure that you achieve suitable qualifications as soon as possible.
Projects will be varied, encompassing everything from desk studies, through to investigations and leading on to geotechnical design and remediation implementation. Sites will mostly be within the South-east and we currently work for numerous developer clients, as well as Local Authorities and other public sector bodies.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Prepare quotes/tenders for potential projects and assisting with business development
- To manage projects including allocated resources such as graduates and technicians.
- To oversee the day to day running of projects, attend project meetings, be the daily contact for the client, contractor and other project consultants.
- Deliver projects within timescale, budget constraints and quality expectations.
- Projects typically involve site investigations and remediation validation works.
- Supervising and instructing drillers, technicians, junior engineers and engineers.
- Line management of junior staff (at Principal level)
- Logging soil and rock in accordance with BS5930:2015 and BS EN ISO 14688:2002.
- Supervising all forms of drilling, including rotary coring.
- Ordering desk study searches, consultations and prepare desk study reports.
- Interpret geological maps and undertake mining risk assessments in line with Coal Authority requirements.
- Landfill gas risk assessment.
- Prepare factual and interpretive geo-environmental appraisals, remediation specifications and validation reports.
- Supervise ground engineering projects, such as earthworks.
- Detailed scheduling of soil and water testing (geotechnical and chemical).
- Design, specification and validation of land remediation schemes.
- Managing profitability of projects, cost control and client debt management.
- Liaison with clients, contractors and regulatory authorities.
- Take an active role in the development of the Geoenvironmental Division with a view to expanding its client base and workload.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science (or similar)
- MSc in a relevant subject is desirable but not essential
- Ideal candidate will have detailed experience of geoenvironmental consulting
- The candidate should be Chartered or working towards Chartered status
An excellent benefits package will be offered to the successful applicant which will include;
- Competitive Salary between £30,000 to £40,000 per annum dependant on proven skills and experience
- Flexible working
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Workplace Pension
- Training and Development
- Sponsorship of Professional Membership
Please send your CV including salary expectations and notice period to email@example.com