Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- To manage projects including allocated resources such as engineers, graduates and technicians.
- To oversee the day to day running of projects, attend project meetings, be the daily contact for the client, contractor and other project consultants.
- Maintain the Project Management Plan.
- Represent Patrick Parsons as part of a Professional Design Team.
- To manage the team allocated for a project which may include various disciplines.
- Manage projects from inception through to completion.
- Responsible in leading the quality and the timely delivery of multiple projects running concurrently, including the preparation of the Design Scope of work as well as the technical designs of projects.
- Manage the workload and oversee technical and commercial management of a small team.
- Develop detailed methodologies, delegating preparation of tasks as appropriate.
- Assess resource requirements at each stage of the project.
- Deliver projects within timescale, budget constraints and quality expectations.
- Determine the need for and attend project progress meetings.
- Oversee the response to design queries during construction phase and attend site meetings.
- Communicate project’s critical issues in a timely manner to Directors and clients.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly project workload and fee forecasts.
- Mentor junior engineers and graduates.
- Ensure that all project related documentation is kept in compliance to the Business Management systems, processes, and procedures.
- Anticipate challenges and project risks and recommend necessary mitigating measures, and where necessary relay to clients.
- Take an active role in the development of the Building Services Division with a view to expanding its client base.
The successful candidate will be degree qualified or be able to demonstrate an equivalent combination of educational and practical experience in Building Services or Electrical Engineering.
A chartered status or progressing towards achieving chartership would be advantageous.
- An excellent benefits package will be offered to the successful applicant which will include;
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible working
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Workplace Pension
- Training and Development
- Sponsorship of Professional Membership
Please send your CV and covering letter along with salary expectations and notice period to email@example.com