Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Prepare fee proposals for senior management approval, including resources and programme.
- Manage projects from inception through to completion.
- Responsible in leading the quality and the timely delivery of multiple projects running concurrently, including the preparation of the Design Scope of work as well as the technical designs of projects.
- Manage the workload and oversee technical and commercial management of a small team.
- Develop detailed methodologies, delegating preparation of tasks as appropriate.
- Assess resource requirements at each stage of the project.
- Deliver projects within timescale, budget constraints and quality expectations.
- Determine the need for and attend project progress meetings.
- Oversee the response to design queries during construction phase and attend site meetings.
- Communicate project’s critical issues in a timely manner to Directors and clients.
- Set up projects and allocate budgets to work stages.
- Ensure financial data is up to date and co-ordinate the timely and correct issuing of invoices.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly project workload and fee forecasts.
- Actively manage projects to minimise WIP.
- Mentor junior engineers and graduates.
- Ensure that all project related documentation is kept in compliance to the Business Management systems, processes, and procedures.
- Anticipate challenges and project risks and recommend necessary mitigating measures, and where necessary relay to clients.
- Take an active role in the development of the Structures Division with a view to expanding its client base.
The candidate should be a chartered engineer and a member of either the Institution of Civil or Structural Engineers.
An excellent benefits package will be offered to the successful applicant which will include;
Holiday purchase scheme
Training and Development
Sponsorship of Professional Membership
Please send your CV and covering letter along with salary expectations and notice period to email@example.com