Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- The role requires an Engineer who will be client facing, with the ability to represent the Company externally at a senior level, alongside managing their own workload and the ability to manage a number of projects at any one time.
- Liaise with architects, clients and other professionals whilst carrying out duties and at all times represent the practice in a professional and courteous way.
- Check calculations, specifications, drawings and reports produced by others, in accordance with operational procedures
- Excellent communications skills are paramount and to be capable of managing design teams both internally and externally.
- As a senior member of the team you will demonstrate strong leadership qualities and be self-motivated.
- Experience of working with housing developers is essential.
- Experience in using Auto CAD, PDS or Civils3D, Micro drainage and other civil engineering packages to design and detail highway and drainage infrastructure and other civil engineering requirements on residential, commercial and industrial developments.
- Undertake site visits to monitor the progress of works against specifications, and highlight issues to the contractor, client and/or (internal or external) project manager as necessary.
- Provide training and coaching to less experienced staff.
- Working knowledge of Highway Authority Sections 38, 116, 117 and 278 and Water Authority sections 104, 116 and 185 agreements
- Ability to produce engineering supporting reports for planning applications such as Flood Risk Assessment reports, Utility Assessments, Site Viability assessments, Drainage Strategy reports, Cut and Fill Analysis etc.
- Experience of detailed drainage design to both S.F.A and Building Regulations part H is essential
Experience in the following will be advantageous:-
- Estate road horizontal and vertical design
- Part M levels
- Drainage design to building regs and water company ‘Sewers for Adoption’ standard
- Pavement / construction design
- Street lighting design
- Kerbing and edging specification
- Signing and carriageway marking design
- Earthworks modelling
- Dealing with adopting highway and drainage authorities for approvals
- Junction design (roundabouts, major / minor junctions, traffic signal junction layouts, grade separated junction (structural design by others though)
- Flood risk assessment
Skills & Attributes
We use the following software packages, and candidate’s experience of some or all of these would be beneficial:-
· AutoCAD for drafting
· Civil 3D, PDS and MX for highway design
· WINDES/MICRODRAINAGE for drainage design
· AutoTURN vehicle tracking software
· AutoSIGN/ PDS Sign face design
· PDS Line for carriageway marking design
· Lighting Reality lighting design software
- Preferably degree qualified with relevant experience in a similar practice.
- A chartered (or near Chartered) status with a recognised institution.
An excellent benefits package will be offered to the successful applicant which will include;
Holiday purchase scheme
Training and Development
Sponsorship of Professional Membership
Please send your CV and covering letter along with salary expectations and notice period to email@example.com