A unique opportunity to join a forward thinking Multi-Disciplinary Design Consultancy. Patrick Parsons are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Civil Engineering Technician to join our thriving Glasgow team to help us grow, whilst developing your own career. The ideal candidate will hold an HNC/HND in Civil engineering or similar.
Working under the supervision of a Senior Engineer, you will report to your line manager as part of the Civils team in our Glasgow office responsible for the design, submission and approval of a wide and diverse range of projects including residential, educational, healthcare & commercial sectors. The successful candidate will have a solid understanding and experience in the delivery of all infrastructure aspects of projects from a technical approval viewpoint.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Liaise with architects, clients and other professionals whilst carrying out duties and at all times represent the practice in a professional and courteous way.
- Attend internal design review meetings
- Preparation of calculations
- Good communications skills are paramount and to be capable of working with design teams both internally and externally.
- Production of drawings and construction details using AutoCAD
- Supporting the administration of projects
- Supporting the Senior Civil Engineers throughout the highway and drainage design process
- Ensuring outputs meet the required standards
- Meeting agreed deadlines
- Working in both an office environment and on site
- Site visits and survey with senior members of staff
- Contributing to providing solutions to design problems
- Ensuring designs meet required standards following our Quality Management System
- Keeping training log up to date and attending, where necessary, CPD/training events
- Adhere to health & safety regulations
- Residential designs to local authority and water authority standards
- Conversant with current building regulations
- Designing to NHBC and LABC standards
- Ability to produce private (non-adoptable) levels and drainage designs for residential, commercial and industrial development
- Ability to produce engineering supporting reports for planning applications such as Flood Risk Assessment reports, Utility Assessments, Site Viability assessments etc.
- Earthworks modelling would be advantageous
Experience / Skills required:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience within the house building sector and how it operates will be advantageous
- Knowledge of all approval processes including Highways Section 38, 278 and Water Authority Section 104 technical agreements.
- Ability to work with other design team members in the design process.
The successful applicant will have:
- HNC/HND or other relevant qualification in Civil Engineering
- At least five years’ post qualification design experience in the civils sector.
- Excellent communication and numerical skills
- Proficient use of Autocad and an understanding of Civil Engineering design packages such as PDS, Civils3D and MicroDrainage
- A solid understanding of road, levels and drainage designs
An excellent benefits package will be offered to the successful applicant which will include;
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible working
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Workplace Pension
- Training and Development
- Sponsorship of Professional Membership
Please send your CV and covering letter along with salary expectations and notice period to email@example.com