Patrick Parsons sign RICS Conflict Avoidance Pledge
We have signed the RICS pledge, initiated by several of the UK’s leading professional bodies for construction and engineering, demonstrating our commitment to Conflict Avoidance.
- We believe in collaborative working and the use of early intervention techniques throughout the supply chain, to try to resolve differences of opinion before they escalate into disputes.
- We recognise the importance of embedding conflict avoidance mechanisms into projects with the aim of identifying, controlling and managing potential conflict, whilst preventing the need for formal, adversarial dispute resolution procedures. We commit our resources to embedding these into our projects.
- We commit to working proactively to avoid conflict and to facilitate early resolution of potential disputes.
- We commit to developing our capability in the early identification of potential disputes and in the use of conflict avoidance measures. We will promote the value of collaborative working to prevent issues developing into disputes.
- We commit to work with our industry partners to identify, promote and utilise conflict avoidance mechanisms.
We are currently a Bronze Signatory and will be actively working to progress to Silver and Gold.