22 January 2024
This role will involve collaborating closely with colleagues and engaging in the design and interpretation of ground investigations, meticulously analysing geotechnical data, undertaking geotechnical assessments and and crafting insightful reports. Your work will be instrumental in driving the success of our projects, making a tangible impact on developments nationwide.
If you’re eager to be part of a growing, collaborative team, we invite you to explore this opportunity further. Join us in shaping the future of our projects and making a meaningful impact in the field.
- Undertake inspection/supervision activities including gas monitoring, capping validation, gas membrane validation, soil sampling
- Supervising all forms of site investigation, including trial pitting, window sampling, cable percussive rotary drilling
- Logging soil and rock in accordance with BS5930:2015 and BS EN ISO 14688:2002
- Undertake geotechnical and geo-environmental ground investigations around the UK
- Ordering desk study searches, consultations and prepare desk study reports
- Booking subcontractors for site investigation works
- Collect soil and groundwater samples/data during assessment and remedial action activities at sites.
- Coordinate with laboratories to secure appropriate analysis and in a timetable consistent with project requirements
- Complete exploratory hole logs and engineering drawings
- Compile and interpret field and analytical data into accurate and comprehensive conceptual site models
- Prepare the factual elements of interpretive geo-environmental appraisals, remediation specifications and validation reports
- Assist project managers in developing proposals for ground investigations and remediation projects if appropriate
- Agree delivery targets with senior staff and report regularly on progress towards milestones
- Work in accordance with our systems and procedures, including those relating to Health & Safety, project & risk management
- Assisting with other duties may be required from time to time
We strongly believe that great client service is based on quality, consistency, and reliability. Our promises guide our decisions, people, and actions to create experiences that make our clients feel cared for and listened to. You will contribute to delivering this through your own actions and by meeting the standards of the Geo-Environmental team. At Patrick Parsons we insist on a culture of respect, recognising that our differences make us stronger. We refer to this as, One Patrick Parsons – our collective power that energises us to lead the way. At all times you will act in a fair, supportive and respectful manner whether dealing with colleagues or clients.
- If it matters to you it matters to us – we go the extra mile for our work, clients and each other. Again, you will show contribute through your own actions and by meeting the standards of the Geo-Environmental team to ensure we meet the needs of our clients.
- We act with heart – we believe quality should speak for itself and we hold our hands
up when we get it wrong. You will follow quality standards of the Geo-Environmental
Team to deliver quality reports and drawings for our clients.
- Be brave enough to be different – we’ll steer clear of the norms and support each
other to find bold and exciting new ways of doing things. You are encouraged to be
innovative and creative within the Geo-Environmental Team standards and to
demonstrate this through your own work to deliver quality solutions to our clients.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant discipline is essential
- Experience in field investigation including exploratory investigation and management of subcontractors
- Experience collecting groundwater vapour samples / gas monitoring
- Good understanding of field sampling, soil logging and data quality assurance (QA)
- Understanding of contaminated land regulations and assessment
- Understanding of geotechnical assessment in particular foundation solutions
- Full UK driving licence is essential
- Experience using Microsoft Office
- Ability to work well in a team as well as independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to build good relationships with colleagues and clients
An excellent benefits package will be offered to the successful applicant which will include;
- Flexible working environment
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Birthday off work!
- Health Shield Cash Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace pension
- Training and development
- Sponsorship of professional membership
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Patrick Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Patrick Parsons engage with preferred recruiters or agencies on a formal basis. Patrick Parsons are unable to accept applications from recruiters or agencies who do not have signed terms of business with Patrick Parsons. If unsolicited applications or CVs are received from recruiters or agencies with or without such an agreement, Patrick Parsons will neither consider nor agree to any payment to that party.