Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Ensuring the office runs smoothly at all times
- Meet and greet visitors in a professional friendly manner
- Administration and diary management for office senior management
- Answering telephone calls, dealing with enquiries promptly and politely
- Recording payments and purchasing to Finance Team
- Working closely with project managers to ensure invoicing is raised in a timely manner, logging invoices on internal systems, administering invoice forecasts
- Liaising with project managers to ensure queries from clients are dealt with smoothly and efficiently
- Supporting the technical staff by providing administrative duties such as typing reports and letters, formatting documents
- Ensuring invoicing is raised in line with schedules, cross referencing against internal system for accuracy
- Checking live projects against invoice forecasts for accuracy
- Ensuring technical staff update timesheets in a timely manner
- Credit control
- Updating petty cash on an ongoing basis
- Setting up projects using bespoke internal systems (Coretime) and providing summaries to Finance
- Office first aid representative and fire marshal
- Providing holiday cover to other support team members in office/company
- Ad hoc duties as and when required to support technical staff.
The successful applicant will be an enthusiastic individual who in joining the team will ideally hold the necessary skills to hit the ground running:
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise your work
- The ability to think on your feet and use your initiative
- Proactive approach to supporting the management and operational needs of the office
- This is a dynamic role that requires an adaptable, committed and flexible approach to your work
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional oral and written skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organisational and time-management skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Previous experience of working within a construction / consulting sector would be advantageous
- Must have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
- Competitive salary
- Birthday off work!
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Health cash plan scheme
- Employee Assistance programme
- Pension scheme
- Training and development
- Sponsorship of professional membership
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also state your current salary and notice period when applying for this vacancy.
Please note interviews are to be held on 9th & 10th October 2018.