This would suit a previous financial analyst within industry or a candidate looking for their first move from practice. This role reports into the Head of Commercial Finance.
- Undertake data analysis providing robust financial assessment & recommendations upon which decisions can be made.
- Support the finance team in budgeting and forecasting, including continually redeveloping the model and assessing the assumptions within the model.
- Calculate the percentage of completeness for the projects within the business monthly. This will involve liaising with the project managers, understanding performance of projects and being able to articulate findings regarding project performance to other members of the finance team.
- Responsibility for invoice forecasts – including liaising with project managers to complete these and running the forecasts for reporting to the board monthly.
- Assist the Head of Commercial Finance with the preparation of the board pack and discipline balanced scorecards, specifically analysing data, reporting on KPIs and investigating trends which are inconsistent with the underlying business performance. To enable this a full understanding of the business and performance drivers is required.
- Work directly with business stakeholders as directed by the Head of Commercial Finance to provide financial modelling for specific ad hoc projects including budgeting, data analysis and project analysis.
- Work with the Head of Commercial Finance to develop new reports as necessary to meet the demands of the business, board and other key stakeholders.
- Identify risk and opportunity by in depth review and understanding of monthly re-forecasting.
- Provide adhoc analysis as required to discipline heads.
As a Financial Analyst your skills and qualifications will include:
- Significant experience preferably in analytics/planning/forecasting
- Chartered accountant or studying towards a relevant accountancy qualification (CIMA/ACCA/ACA).
- Highly numerate, with excellent analytical skills with the ability to conduct solid research, data analysis and resolve complex problems
- Excellent excel skills and the ability to analyse complex datasets as efficiently and accurately as possible
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – ability to make relationships at all levels within the business
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines whilst working in a fast-paced environment
- Competitive salary
- Birthday off work!
- Health cash plan scheme
- Employee Assistance programme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Pension scheme
- Training and development
- Sponsorship of professional membership
If you wish to apply for this vacancy, please email your CV, covering letter and salary expectations to email@example.com.