A unique opportunity to join a forward thinking Multi-Disciplinary Design Consultancy. Patrick Parsons are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Senior/ Principal Civil Engineer to join our thriving Huddersfield team to help us grow, whilst developing your own career.
Successful candidates will have an Meng/MSc or BEng in Civil or Structural Engineering and have demonstrated Civil Engineering experience within a consultancy environment.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Lead the delivery of engineering projects from inception to handover, on budget and to deadlines.
- Preparing plans and drawings at all stages of the development cycle.
- Responsible directly to the Regional Director for the financial, technical and project management control of the civil engineering aspects of various small and medium sized projects.
- Liaise with architects, clients and other professionals whilst carrying out duties and at all times represent the practice in a professional and courteous way.
- Delegate to, manage and direct Engineers and Technicians involved on projects.
- Mentoring colleagues in developing technical knowledge and understanding.
- Check calculations, specifications, drawings and reports produced by others, in accordance with operational procedures.
- Undertake site visits to monitor the progress of works against specifications, and highlight issues to the contractor, client and/or (internal or external) project manager as necessary.
- Working knowledge of Highway Authority Sections 38, 116, 117 and 278 and Water Authority sections 104, 116 and 185 agreements.
- Ability to produce engineering supporting reports for planning applications such as Flood Risk Assessment reports, Utility Assessments, Site Viability assessments, Drainage Strategy reports, Cut and Fill Analysis etc.
- The role requires an Engineer who will be client facing, with the ability to represent the Company externally at a senior level, alongside managing their own workload and the ability to manage a number of projects at any one time.
- MEng or BEng in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Demonstrated experience in a similar practice.
- A chartered (or near Chartered) status with a recognised institution.
- Excellent communications skills and ability to build excellent relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Experience of detailed drainage design to both S.F.A and Building Regulations part H is essential.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in civil design engineering.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and work under pressure.
- Demonstrate strong leadership qualities and be self-motivated.
- Experience of working with housing developers is essential.
- Experience in using Auto CAD, PDS or Civils3D, Micro drainage and/or other civil engineering packages to design and detail highway and drainage infrastructure and other civil engineering requirements on residential, commercial and industrial developments.
- Competitive salary
- Birthday off work!
- Health cash plan scheme
- Employee Assistance programme
- Pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Training and development
- Sponsorship of professional membership
Please email your CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com along with you salary expectations and notice period.