A unique opportunity to join a forward thinking Multi-Disciplinary Design Consultancy. Patrick Parsons are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Civil Design Engineer to join our thriving Birmingham team to help us grow, whilst developing your own career.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible directly to the Associate Director for the financial and technical control of the civil engineering aspects of various small and medium sized projects.
- Liaise with architects, clients and other professionals whilst carrying out duties and at all times represent the practice in a professional and courteous way.
- On larger projects assist the Associate Director in managing financial, technical and resourcing issues.
- Delegate to and direct Engineers and Technicians involved on projects.
- Mentoring colleagues in developing technical knowledge and understanding.
- Responsible for selected technical issues.
- The role requires an Engineer who will be client facing, with the ability to represent the Company externally in a professional manner, alongside managing their own workload and the ability to manage a number of projects at any one time.
- Check calculations, specifications, drawings and reports produced by others, in accordance with operational procedures
- Experience of working with housing developers is essential.
- Experience in using Auto CAD, PDS, Micro drainage and other civil engineering packages to design and detail highway and drainage infrastructure and other civil engineering requirements on residential, commercial and industrial developments.
- Undertake site visits to monitor the progress of works against specifications, and highlight issues to the contractor, client and/or (internal or external) project manager as necessary.
- Working knowledge of Highway Authority Sections 38, 116, 117 and 278 and Water Authority sections 104, 116 and 185 agreements.
- Ability to produce engineering supporting reports for planning applications such as Flood Risk Assessment reports, Utility Assessments, Site Viability assessments etc.
Experience / Skills required:
- MEng or BEng in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Demonstrated experience in Civil Engineering within a consultancy environment.
- Excellent communication and numerical skills.
- Proficient use of Autocad and an understanding of Civil Engineering design packages such as PDS, Civils3D and MicroDrainage.
- Ability to build excellent relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and work under pressure.
- Competitive salary
- Birthday off work!
- Health cash plan scheme
- Employee Assistance programme
- Pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Training and development
- Sponsorship of professional membership
Please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com along with your notice period and salary expectations.