The purpose of this role is to manage the Structures team within our Twickenham office, overseeing the day to day running of projects, attend project meetings, be a key contact for clients, contractors, other project consultants and technical lead for the design team. This person will motivate, inspire and support the professional and personal development of a strong team of engineers and technicians.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Managing the Structural design team in Twickenham, ensuring the provision of efficient high-quality structural engineering design.
- Prepare and approve fee proposals, including resources and programme.
- Manage structural and multidisciplinary projects from inception through to completion.
- Responsible in leading the quality and the timely delivery of multiple projects running concurrently, including the preparation of the Design Scope of work as well as the technical designs of projects.
- Co-ordination and management of other discipline inputs into multidisciplinary projects.
- Develop detailed methodologies, delegating preparation of tasks as appropriate.
- Assess resource requirements at each stage of the project.
- Deliver projects within timescale, budget constraints and quality expectations.
- Determine the need for and attend project progress meetings.
- Oversee the response to design queries during construction phase and attend site meetings.
- Set up projects and allocate budgets to work stages.
- Ensure financial data is up to date and co-ordinate the timely and correct issuing of invoices.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly project workload and fee forecasts.
- Actively manage projects to minimise WIP, and be responsible for the financial performance projects to which you are assigned.
- Ensure that all project related documentation is kept in compliance to the Business Management systems, processes and procedures.
- Anticipate challenges and project risks and recommend necessary mitigating measures, and where necessary relay to clients.
- Develop the Structures team in the Twickenham office with a view to expanding its client base through compiling and implementing an effective business development strategy.
- Work alongside the Business Development team in the preparation of structural and multidisciplinary PQQ and ITT submissions.
- Develop and mentor engineers and technicians including conducting annual appraisals.
- Develop and maintain staff resource plans across projects including identifying when the team needs additional resource.
- Recruitment and selection of new employees as and when required.
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate excellent technical and project management skills.
- Ability to build good client relationships.
- A 2:1 degree in Civil or Structural engineering.
- Chartered status in a recognised professional organisation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven team management experience.
- Extensive experience in Structural Engineering.
- Practical experience of reinforced concrete and steel design to British & Eurocode standards.
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well to strict deadlines under pressure.
Birthday off work!
Health cash plan scheme
Employee Assistance programme
Training and development
Sponsorship of professional membership
Mobile phone allowance
If you wish to apply for this vacancy, please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.