The purpose of this role is to manage projects including allocated resources such as graduates and technicians. Duties will include the financial control of assigned projects, to oversee the day to day running of projects, attend project meetings, be the daily contact for the client, contractors and other project consultants.
This is an opportunity to work on a variety of projects from small housing schemes to multi-storey R.C. framed regeneration projects with build costs in excess of £100m.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Input into fee proposals, including resources and programme.
- Manage projects from inception through to completion.
- Develop scheme designs as required by the Directors and Principal engineers.
- Deliver projects within timescale, budget constraints and quality expectations.
- Determine the need for and attend project progress meetings.
- Respond to design queries during construction phase and attend site meetings.
- Communicate project’s critical issues in a timely manner to Directors and clients.
- Actively manage projects to minimise WIP.
- As the team develops you will mentor junior engineers, graduates and technicians.
- Ensure that all project related documentation is kept in compliance to the Business Management systems, processes, and procedures.
- Anticipate challenges and project risks and recommend necessary mitigating measures, and where necessary relay to clients.
- Take an active role in the development of the Structures Division with a view to expanding our client base.
- Adherence and contribution to business and quality management systems
- Operational and design safety, and developing good safety
- Bachelor’s degree (min. 2:1) in an appropriate Civil or Structural engineering discipline
- Broad experience in structural engineering design and construction
- Good all-round technical design expertise using British and international standards
- Experience in the management of preparation of drawing and project deliverables
- Good understanding of structural theory and strong analytical skills, with proven problem solving ability
- Good verbal and written communication, and report writing skills
- Ability to lead design aspects of projects including managing quality, budget, programme and resources
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, liaising directly with clients and other design team members
- Chartered Structural Engineer or working towards chartered status.
- Competitive salary
- Birthday off work!
- Health cash plan scheme
- Employee Assistance programme
- Pension scheme
- Training and development
- Sponsorship of professional membership
If you wish to apply for this vacancy, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.