Working under the supervision of a Civil Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, submission and approval of a wide and diverse range of projects including residential, educational, healthcare & commercial sectors. The successful candidate will have a solid understanding and experience in the delivery of all infrastructure aspects of projects from a technical approval viewpoint.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Attend internal design review meetings.
- Preparation of simple calculations.
- Production of drawings and construction details using AutoCAD.
- Supporting the administration of projects.
- Supporting the Civil/Senior Civil Engineers throughout the highway and drainage design process.
- Ensuring outputs meet the required standards.
- Meeting agreed deadlines.
- Working in both an office environment and on site.
- Site visits and survey with senior members of staff.
- Contributing to providing solutions to design problems.
- Ensuring designs meet required standards following our Quality Management System.
- Adhere to health & safety regulations.
- Residential designs to local authority and water authority standards.
- Conversant with current building regulations.
- Designing to NHBC and LABC standards.
- Ability to produce private (non-adoptable) levels and drainage designs for residential, commercial and industrial development.
- Earthworks modelling would be advantageous.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience within a similar role.
- Knowledge of all approval processes including Highways Section 38, 278 and Water Authority Section 104 technical agreements.
- Ability to work with other design team members in the design process.
- HNC/HND or other relevant qualification in Civil Engineering.
- Proficient use of Autocad and an understanding of Civil Engineering design packages such as PDS, Key Terra-firma, Civils3D and MicroDrainage.
- A solid understanding of road, levels and drainage designs.
- Competitive salary
- Birthday off work!
- Flexi Time
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Health cash plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Training and development
- Sponsorship of professional membership
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org