This contract is a fixed term maternity contract (approximately 9-10 months). This role will involve some travel to other offices.
We are looking for an Interim HR Manager to provide HR generalist advice and support on all HR matters within a growing company.
We are seeking an experienced HR Manager with proven talent acquisition experience to help facilitate the growth and expansion plans.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Support the development and implementation of HR policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Provide an advisory service to Senior Management and employees to ensure that they are fully aware of their rights and entitlements under current Employment Law.
- Provide advice to Line Managers on issues relating to policy interpretation and employee relations.
- Provide coaching and support managers through all ER related issues including disciplinary, dismissals, grievance and capability/performance management.
- Develop performance improvement plans with Line managers using HR best practice.
- Responsible for managing and supporting the development of the HR Coordinator.
- Manage the TUPE process for any acquisitions.
- Oversee all recruitment and the Onboarding process of new starters.
- Ensure job descriptions are up to date and fit for purpose.
- Lead the annual salary reviews including the annual PDR process.
- Develop and maintain a suite of HR reports, i.e. staff lists, headcount, turnover, ER and recruitment costs.
- Oversee contractual variations and amendments.
- Contribute in talent management and succession planning.
- Responsible for leading and advising on flexible working requests, maternity and paternity processes and probationary periods/issues.
- Process and lead on VISA applications/renewals.
- Manage the Apprenticeship Levy portal and budgets.
- Oversee sickness absence management.
- Develop and manage the organisation’s staff training and development plan including training agreements.
- Manage the HR budget.
- Ensure all changes/amendments for payroll are provided to finance each month.
- Provide proactive HR management during organisation changes and restructuring programmes.
- Manage all company benefits for employees including employee wellbeing.
- Liaise with brokers in relation to private medical insurance and life assurance including renewals.
- Coordinate with payroll pension auto enrolment for all employees and new joiners.
- Contribute in investigating how HR processes could be managed in a more efficient and effective way.
- Proven HR Manager experience ideally in a professional services/engineering environment.
- Degree with an element of HRM or HRD or minimum CIPD qualified Level 5 or 7.
- Commercial experience in a fast-paced business.
- Ideally have multi-site experience.
- Experience of using HR systems i.e. Sage HR.
- A self-starter able to effectively manage workload and conflicting priorities with little supervision.
- Articulate communicator with an ability to build strong, professional relationships at all levels.
- Up-to-date knowledge of employment law.
- Experience of coaching and advising line managers.
- Good working knowledge of IT systems – Microsoft office packages (specifically word and excel).
Please state your current salary and notice period when applying for this position.
To apply for this position please send your CV and covering letter to Elizabeth.Hubbuck@patrickparsons.co.uk