We are looking for an experienced Principal Civil Engineer to provide pro-active supporting function to the senior level engineering staff, be responsible for the design delivery of a range of private and public sector development infrastructure schemes, have responsibility of running their own projects, managing the activities and tasks of more junior members of the team. Should ideally be someone chartered or nearing chartered status.
- Drainage and Highway designs for all types and scales of development projects
- External levels and drainage design
- Leading on securing S104 and S278/38 technical approvals
- Liaise with client and the design teams to manage and procure the timely delivery of outputs for all projects
- Deliver projects to quality and financial requirements
- Undertake project management duties
- Prepare and manage delivery of technical reports
Capabilities and Qualifications:
- Degree in Civil Engineering
- Incorporated or Chartered Civil Engineer or nearing chartership
- Experience of development infrastructure designs – residential, commercial, leisure, mixed-use, industrial, etc.
- Experience of preparing detailed drainage and SuDS design
- Experience of S104, S278/38 processes
- Experience of DMRB, Manual for Streets, Sewers for Adoption, local authority design guides
- Projects and team delivery management
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Experience of applying internal QA procedures
- Ability to liaise with stakeholders
- Proficiency in the use of design software such as MicroDrainage, Civils3D, PDS, AutoCAD, MX, etc.
- Competitive salary
- Birthday off work!
- Health cash plan scheme
- Employee Assistance programme
- Pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Training and development
- Sponsorship of professional membership
Please email your CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org along with you salary expectations and notice period.