We are currently seeking a Traffic Engineer to join our team in Guildford! The purpose of this role is to take responsibility for a broad range of private and public sector schemes of varying size. The role will involve writing Transport Assessments, Junction Modelling (including Traffic Signal Design) as well as the design of new junction arrangements, link layouts and improvements to existing road layouts, from feasibility stage through to detailed design and site supervision.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Support the Director in providing technical support for a wide range of project types.
- Preparation of Transportation Reports.
- Design of schemes – highway works, infrastructure and earthworks.
- Liaise with clients, suppliers and local highway authorities.
- Train and mentor colleagues.
- Production of drawings.
- Junction modelling.
- Ensure no wastage of materials and supplies.
- Produce a quality product on time and within budget.
- Ensure all projects meet ISO requirement.
- Ensure all designs are completed using the most up to date and relevant design standards.
- Check output produced by more junior staff in terms of reports/drawings etc.
- Ensure all project files are up to date.
- HNC/ HND in Civil Engineering
- BEng or equivalent qualification.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role, preferably with a Highways Consultancy.
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to build excellent relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Enthusiasm towards learning and development.
- Good computer skills with working knowledge of Highways and Transportation packages and AutoCad.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Competitive salary
- Birthday off work!
- Flexi Time
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Health cash plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Training and development
- Sponsorship of professional membership
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com