Our commitment to sustainability and climate change
Patrick Parsons are committed to sustainability within our industry and our sustainability committee are presently developing a number initiatives and policies to enable us to achieve our outlined goals.
As an organisation we are:
- Raising awareness of the climate and biodiversity emergencies and the urgent need for action amongst our clients, collaborators and supply chains
- Advocating for faster change in our industry
- Accelerating the shift to low embodied carbon materials in all of our work
- Evaluating all new projects against our aspiration to contribute positively to mitigating climate breakdown and encouraging our clients to adopt this approach
- Collaborating with clients, architects, engineers and contractors to further reduce construction waste
As a company we have demonstrated our dedication to change by signing the Engineers Declare Climate and Biodiversity Emergency Petition and The Green Growth Pledge, we are also active members of the Supply Chain Sustainability School.
Our Associate Andy Johnson is a passionate members of our sustainability committee and is focussed on driving change.
Andy Johnson is the first UK Ambassador for Stormwater Shepherds, an international not-for-profit committed to restoring health to our waterways and his involvement has led to the team at Patrick Parsons being actively engaged with this important movement.
Andy said, “The Patrick Parsons civils teams are researching and implementing ways of using sustainable design to benefit the environment. Proposed schemes are being reviewed with consideration towards enhanced amenity on developments, increased biodiversity and habitat, reduction of carbon (net zero), reduction of plastic and microplastic pollution and overall best practice for sustainable design.”
Contact us for more information on our sustainability policies.