The Woodville Woodlands development was a project designed to provide in the region of 500 houses and 25 acres of employment space.
A former brownfield site with pipe works and other industrial units to the south of Woodville, the local road network was not capable of accommodating additional traffic without improvements to the existing network and the provision of new highway infrastructure.
Patrick Parsons’ Guildford office provided an array of services on the project, including:
- Major Highway Improvement
- Traffic Management and Road Safety Studies
- Engineering for Planning Conditions
- Strategic Route Signing
- Highway drainage, surface water and foul water drainage schemes
- Contract documentation
- Project management and supervision
- Utilities and Services
- Public Consultation and Exhibitions
- Noise Assessments
We also worked closely with ATG Access on the installation of automatic rising bollards.
The project resulted in a resurgence for the area, with new business attracted to the area and the inclusion of affordable housing as part of the 500-house development.